Friday, July 29, 2005

Ayric vs. Andy

So if you're new to the whole Ayric/Andy universe you might be confused (and if you're a vet, you're probably still confused) so let's start with something "easy" like my name.

Ayric (simply said like Eric... but spelled much sweeter) is my first name, Andrew is my middle... and something long and Germanic for a last name. Easy right? Nope... Ayric is ALSO my father's name... and a name I really like having. UNFORTUNATELY... having two Ayric's around the old homestead wasn't gonna work. So I was Andy for the first 20 or so years of my life. (I found out my "real" name at age 8... talk about confusing) I think my pretty, uncomplicated "Andy World" started to unravel when I met Ada. (who's world hasn't after meeting Ada?) Seeing that, yes indeed, Ayric is a killer name... she refused to refer to me as Andy. So she got me used to Ayric... while all my other friends and family called me Andy. Then in the summer of 98' I worked with two other "Andys"...so I dubbed myself the newly adopted, Ayric... Fast forward to 2002... where I worked under the name Ayric (in a failed attempted to off "Andy" once and for all) I also met some of my current friends, one being another "Andy". So now all my friends started to call me Ayric too.

Then I applied for my current job... and it slipped... Andy. So now at work I'm called Andy, my friends call me Ayric and my family calls me Andy but the bill collectors call me Ayric.

That's just my name... it gets more complicated from there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my friend and awesome cousin! I love your blog so far. As Amber, I'm kind of partial to any name that starts with A. :-).

your parents are a little strange for sure, (you guys know I love you if you read this.) but I always thought that them calling you Andy was better Than Junior or something, you know?

As for now, even though I'm used to Andy, I will call you whichever you prefer.

Or, to avoid confusion, we could just start calling you A Squared. laughing.

bucketgirl said...

Ayric is your name. It's the best of your available names. End of story.