Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Time Traveling

Well something actually interesting and “blog” worthy is happening! I’m off to Wyoming to see my sister and the whole family (including new addition Nicholas). Of course I waited until the last minute to do laundry and pack, but with the help of the “Captain” and some egg nog, I had no worries.

I gathered everything together and got a bleary-eyed Mr. P out of bed to drive my rear to the airport. It is always the case (at least for me) that if I get to the airport on time, there are no lines for anything… not at check-in, security or Starbucks counter. It’s like life is one easy breeze. I never have travel nightmares! My bags have never been lost, I’ve only missed one flight (due to my own procrastination) and never has my flight been cancelled. I’ve never sat next to the screaming baby, the annoying salesman and (to my consternation) the cute, single, hot gal. I do have delayed flights, but I feel like compared to the ease of everything else… this is no big deal.

So in the Sea-Tac main terminal, past the Starbucks, the Anthony’s Fish Café and multitude of salmon-and-lumber themed kitschy gift shops, there lies a slice of Americana, Terminal “C”. At Sea-Tac, this is where all the small turbo-prop, egg-beater, puddle jumpers arrive and depart. This is where the real people fly in and out of. The plaid-clad contractor and his family of 10 heading to Pullman, the forever-tanned fisherman off to visit his land-locked brother in Boise, and the young Native couple and their baby heading to Kalispell in Montana. Just your everyday man, woman and child on a yultide journey for the Christmas spirit with family and friends.

And now my journey has ended. I’m at my sister’s place in Wyoming… and met my new nephew for the first time. There will be pictures coming soon!

No comments: