Friday, December 02, 2005

Update: My job, My Nephew and Curious Dating Rituals

Hey Everyone... I'm back from dead. It's been a trying month... work completely died on me, which brings me to my first piece of news.

My job has been reduced from full time with salary and benefits to just part-time with zippo perks. Kind of a bummer, but I've been in far worse scrapes in my patch-quilt of a career. I've been bouncing back and forth between faith-filled optimism to gloomy curmudgeony. Can't say I thought I'd be in the last months of my 20's, still not sure about my career and being single. But alas, am but a pot in the hands of Potter... (Romans 9:15-20)

So on happier news, I'm an uncle for the first time! My nephew was born on the 28th of Nov just before 6am. Healthy guy coming in at 7lbs 6oz. Looks like he has some of my sister's traits (which bodes well for him). Either way however, he's got two of the best parents a kid these days could hope for. I got the other set myself.

And lastly I'd like to pass along a little story that's in the midst of developing. I will leave out names to protect the gutless... er innocent. Here goes.

Let's say I know a guy named Bob. Bob is a good guy, with a great heart for God. Bob has helped me out immensely in the last few years, and I cherish the guy. Well Bob picked up a hobby as of late, which he seems quite adept to. Well at this hobby's shop is a certain lady I'll call Susie. Susie I'm not so acquainted with, but she seems (at a distance of 10 meters and 2 minutes) to be a sweet gal. Bob thinks he likes Susie, but isn't sure. Bob has talked about Susie to me for about two months now and hasn't done much to get the ball rolling. Luckily Bob has another friend who put his feet to the fire. He was told that Susie is going to get a call if he doesn't bite the bullet and just ask the poor gal out for a simple meal or a cup of joe. I maybe wrong (being the antithesis of Casanova if there ever was one) but I can't see a scenario where Susie is going to explode, turn into a wolf, or melt if he asks her out. So she might have a boyfriend, so she might not be interested, or possibly scarier than that... she might wind up liking Bob alot. I say go and ask her out before the Lord and give it all to him. In that there is no fear and no risk. But of course, if I were in Bob's shoes, I would be no different. Are you still a hypocrite if you admit your hypocrisy? Tomorrow is "the day", friends... we shall see if Bob can do it.

If you want to give Bob advice, just comment... he reads the blog. :)

No comments: