Monday, September 19, 2005

Coming Soon: Island Adventure Blog

As most of you know (and I'm sure I've been obnoxious about it) I'll be heading to the remote island of Kauai, Hawaii in a few days. I know I'll only have a dial-up account at the hotel, but I'll try to blog as much as possible and include many pictures.

Yesterday I proved to myself that if I'm interested enough in something I can be remarkably through and organized! I have this sweet spreadsheet with sections on attractions, beaches, historical sights and hiking spots.

I like to think of myself as the quintessential road warrior and traveler, but this trip is a bit more than I've undertaken (Ada: real word? is undertook worse?) in the past. I'm a tad nervous about flying over 3,000 miles of water instead of grade A, 100% American heartland. But I'm sure it'll be quite the adventure, and knowing me once my lungs are filled with island air and my eyes filled with exotic scenes, I'll be in 7th heaven.

Until then check out these pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. May God keep you safe and bring you back to you 100% American homeland.

bucketgirl said...

I'm glad it's you and not me! I don't like hot places. Also, I don't like airplanes, and I don't like strangers or strange places. I don't really like hotels. I don't like airports, either. But this may be attributed to the fact that I don't like ANYTHING.

As I recall, you said, "I'd take you with me if I could. Oh wait, no I wouldn't." :D

Be safe. Leave your threat objects at home. If anything bad happens, hug them and fall down. Wear sunblock. Do not, under any circumstances, allow yourself to be talked into "doing the hula"

Anonymous said...

cute guy. you are so lucky to be going to Hawaii. i haven't been to that island, but I have always wanted to go there. been to maui and oahu. i had a friend that lived in hawaii for a while, but now he lives in the state of washington. anyway. can't tell you how much i look forward to your trip updates.